Saturday, April 5, 2014

Diapers, Bottles, Pacifiers, OH MY! (Plus a peek inside my craft room.)

I hope you're having a SUPER Saturday, so far! So, how are you liking the daily PPPR inspiration on the blog, lately? I'm really excited about it, and I hope you're enjoying your daily dose of PPPR goodness. I have a fun little card to share with you today, and I also have lots of photos of my craft room/office to show you.  So, first...here's my project:

I decided to use some digital stamps on my card today, for a change. I like how it turned out, but I realized that I need a lot more practice coloring (especially teeny tiny images like these). 


I got the images from the new Changing Time and Baby Shower Digital Stamp Sets, and I colored them using my Copic markers. Did you even KNOW PPPR has digital stamps? YEP! The card base is from the Mother's Day Cards Cutting Files set, and the sentiment is from a Pink By Design stamp set that I think may be retired. I added some pretty crinkle ribbon from 3 Girl JAM and some enamel dots, and my card was all done!

Okay...now on to the EXCITING part! We just moved here to Colorado and this house last February (2013), and I was so excited that I got my very own craft room! Our landlords allowed us to paint the room since it was originally a Pepto pink, so I chose to paint it a pretty turquoise color. I love the room so much! Unfortunately, my hubby and I have decided to move our little family to another neighborhood this summer (one with fun parks and a recreation center available), so I'm going to lose my pretty blue room. The good news, though, is that I'll still have my own "studio" space that I can use for designing and creating...and it is a little bit bigger than my room is now. But, it won't be a pretty blue.  Anyway...I wanted to share my current craft space with you before I start packing up everything to move. Hey, it's only taken me a YEAR to show you! Now, things aren't perfect in there, but it's a happy space and a space just for ME, so I love it. Get ready for LOTS of photos...you can click on them to see them a little bigger.


First I'm showing you some over all shots of the room. You can see I have an IKEA island in the middle of the room to use as a work table.  The rest of the furniture is really just a mismatch of a bunch of different furniture that was left over from other rooms, along with a few pieces that I bought just for my crafts. One thing I want to point out is my pretty red curtains. I couldn't find curtains that I liked, so I finally found some material I love. It was my plan to find time (sometime) to make them. As time went on, though, it was pretty obvious that I was never going to find time, so my WONDERFUL hubby decided to sew them for me as a Christmas present. Isn't he amazing? Yes, he took home-ec in high school. I think he thought it would be a blow-off class (like underwater basket weaving, or something), and all he actually made in the class was MC Hammer pants (LOL!), but he still remembers the basics of sewing. Didn't he do a marvelous job? They are a tad too short, but that's because the rods that came with the house are set too high. They will be perfect in our new place. Sorry...so proud of and grateful for my sweet hubby!  Here are a couple more over all shots:



Alright..I'll start explaining some of the details, now.  I got this fun little set of drawers from an antique store in Germany when we lived there. I set it on top of some Recollections storage units.


Inside the little drawers, I just have all sorts of embellishments. Also...I forgot to take a close-up, but I have my washi tapes in that little red-topped candy jar down there and some buttons and brads in that little spice rack.


I store all of my paper stacks and Copic markers in the little storage cubes.


On top of the drawers are just some little doo-dads that are special to me, along with an egg basket that holds my crinkle ribbon and another little ribbon storage thingy.


I also found this piece at a little antique-type store in Germany.  It is the home to the little gnomie that inspired my color choice for the room.


The top of the unit holds my twine (and my gnomie). I just store them in my small little milk glass collection.


The drawers hold sequins, rhinestones, enamel dots, and ribbon sorted by color.


The top of my IKEA secretary desk holds a basket full of punches.  Inside the secretary desk, I have my little set up for taking photos of my projects. I like it there so I can close the door and not have to look at it anymore when I'm not using it.


I hold my larger sets of stamps, like my Peachy Keen and Close to My Heart stamps, in this little book display that was left over from my teaching days.


The rest of my 4x6" and smaller stamps are in this little apothecary/DVD storage case. I'll have to find a new place for them in the new house, though, because we need this piece to hold my kids' DVDs and video games. :(


Not exciting...but the closet holds more supplies, including a lot more paper!


And, of course, I need a spot to display the cards and projects I've recently made. I use some wooden spice shelves as a display.


Whew! Okay...lots of photos, and not even all of my craft stuff. But, I think you get the idea. I hope you've enjoyed my post for today. Come back tomorrow for some more Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons inspiration from one of the wonderful ladies on my Design Team. Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great weekend.

10 comments:

  1. Love all your storage especially the gnomie home. Hubby did a fabulous job with the curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card, love your room.. so nice to have a special place to craft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is simply ADORABLE! Love the digi images:) Fabulous craft room and curtains your hubby made!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your room!! I currently have a small table in the corner of my bedroom for my craft space. And I love the curtains! Your hubby did an awesome job! (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, Lisa! And I love your curtains, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card and Awesome Craftroom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for showing us around your craft space! Love it :)
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card! Your new file is adorable:) What a GREAT craft space:) Your curtains are awesome-Your hubby did an amazing job on the curtains!
    I hope you share your new space too once your all settled:) Have a great evening!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super job on your cute baby card...the colors are great together. Your craft room is fabulous and your husband did a wonderful job on the beautiful curtains. I can see why you love the wall color...maybe you can paint the same at the new space. I hope your move is smooth! Thanks for sharing your space. I love the just for decoration areas <3
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the card, the digi's are adorable. Thanks for sharing your craft space, I love to see where everyone does their creating. Very nice! And such a sweet hubby to help with the curtains!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D