Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Graduation Layout

Hi everyone.. Its Nanné here from Nanne's Creations and I have a graduation layout I want to share with you..
My kids are all in their early 20's, but I've never had the chance to scrap any of their graduation photos..
Bad mommy, I know..LOL
So, when I seen these ADORABLE graduation cutting files, I knew it was time to grab a photo and get it on paper..

This is what I created:
Since we live in Finland, graduation works a little differently here than in the States.. 
All of the boys wear suits instead of a cap and gown, then their teachers hand every student a red rose after the principle hands them their diplomas..  My sons teacher is standing behind him in the photo :)

I decided to use some of my Echo Park hybrid papers along with plain cardstock.. First I took 12x12 piece of brown cardstock, tore the edges and adhered it to the tan cardstock background.. I then cut some notebook paper trim which is in the Note Book Paper Cutting file and tucked that underneath the top of the cardstock and just added a strip of white cardstock to the bottom, to create the illusion that its one long piece of paper :)  Last but not least, doodled on the edge with a white marker..

How about some close ups and details:

I absolutely love this cute little guy, he's in the Graduates Cutting File.  I added the light blue trim to represent the color of my sons tie, gave him rosy cheeks with some pink chalk and that smile just says it all :)

I also added the scroll from the Hats Off Cutting File by tucking it behind the paper layers..
For the title, I used the banner pieces from the Simple Banners Shapes cutting file,  just flipped them upside down and tucked them underneath the circle trim.

Loved the badge, which is also in the Graduates Cutting File.   I had to incorporate it into this layout some how and I think it worked out perfectly with the saying on the banner :)   The stars used are in the Best Buddies cutting file..  Next to the badge is a banner that I will add journaling to and that its in the Sentiment Spots 3 Cutting File..

and of course I had to include a close up of my youngest son Adam..


Thank you so much stopping by today 

Hugs
Nanné


Here are the files I used:

Notebook Pages Cutting FilesGraduates Cutting FilesHats Off Cutting Files


Best Buddies Cutting FilesSimple Banner Shapes Cutting FilesSentiment Spots 3 Cutting Files



3 comments:

  1. Such a fun layout. I love the circle look of this and the top banner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome layout! Great job using several files to make your picture perfect layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your LO is so awesome and girl there's is no bad mommy here after all you have pics and that's what counts....the scrapbooking LO is just a bonus. Your son is very, very handsome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D