Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Let's meet up for adult beverages!


Good Morning!!

Melisa from Melisa's Crafty Creations here with you today.  I don't know about you, but it's hard to find time to go out with my girlfriends.  Sometimes it's our schedules that are keeping us from getting together, other times it's not being able to find a babysitter for our kids.  So I thought I would make a card to send to her so we can plan a girls night out soon.   


The card base is made using the Scalloped Circles Cutting File.  The patterned paper was cut using the Doilies Cutting File.  I selected the image, then I selected "Release Compound Path".  After that I moved my main image and deleted the rest of the inside of the shape.   The sentiment shape is from the Sentiment Spots 1 Cutting File.  The twine is Seaweed from The Twinery.


The Margarita is from the NEW Happy Hour Cutting File.  I used Glossy accents on the lime, stem of the margarita glass as well as the salt on the rim.  I wanted salt to have some texture to it so I let it dry a little bit and then took a needle and started poking the salt with the needle.  I did that while blowing on it to help get it to dry faster.  You could also use glitter for the salt but I end up making a huge mess when I use glitter.  The sentiment is from My Creative Time's Some Days Simply Require stamp set.  


Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a great day!!


1 comment:

  1. Great job on your card...I love a good shape card. I love how you did the salt on the glass...very clever idea.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D