Wednesday, January 4, 2012

RAWR Means I Love You

I finally got the chance to use my Cricut again today.  It seems like it's been FOREVER!  I was just having so much fun playing with my Silhouette.  I've been looking through my handbooks lately, though, and I've renewed my love for some of my Cricut carts.  Hopefully I'll find ways to use them more often.

Anyway, I have a little card to share with you today.  I've been dying to use this cute sentiment from Pink By Design, and I finally took the time to find a cut that goes along perfectly with it.  Here's my little card:



I got this adorable little dinosaur and the heart from my Create a Critter cartridge.  The card base came from Birthday Bash.  The fun pattern on the dino came from Pink By Design's Bubble Wrap Background Stamp. I used generation stamping to create the subtle design.  That just means that I inked up my stamp, stamped it on scratch paper (the first generation stamp), then immediately stamped it on my dinosaur without inking back up (the second generation stamp).  That way, his spots weren't quite so bold.  I softened the spots even more by inking him up with my Color Box Fluid Chalk Inks.  I added some ribbon, some doodling marks, and some Stickles, and the front of my card was all done.


For the inside of my card, I used the same green as the dinosaur.  The sentiment came from Pink By Design's Be Mine Stamp Set.  Isn't it just the cutest little saying?!?  I also added some Fluid Chalk and some doodling to the inside of the card to finish it off. 

I hope you like my little card.  I'm linking this up to Pink Cricut's Link Up Party.  You should go link something up there...you can show off any project your working on. :)  

Oh, and by the way...tomorrow is my ONE YEAR BLOGAVERSARY!!!!  How exciting!  I'll have some fun blog candy for you, so I hope you'll come back to visit. :)



14 comments:

  1. How adorable!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Jen
    http://www.StampinWithJennifer.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is super adorable!! I would love to come visit you in Germany and make you some frames...lol
    Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog.
    hugs,jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. So stinkin cute!! :)

    oneyearinaflash@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! New Follower! Thanks for the comments on my Cake Pops! By the way love the flowers on your blog and the colors. :)
    http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa - Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me such a nice comment. I decided to drop by your blog and so glad I did - love your projects and style! I am now following!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so cute Lisa!!! I love it! Thanks for stopping by my blog! And Happy Blogaversary! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa, this card is super cute. Happy BLOGAVERSARY!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So so cute!! I love your tip on the background stamping--it made the dinosaur especially adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo, I am loving how that second generation stamping gave the cute dino a little something extra! I usually keep my cuts very similar to the color palette that is in the handbook. I like this idea to at least give it some more dimension. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Oh, and I too LOVE that sentiment! That's one of the reasons I had to buy that set, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's really cute and a different card shape! Very creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. adorable card, love how you used this stamp, I will have to check it out now LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. I looooooooooooooove this!! You definitely need to use this tip on PBD!! Just a question though, what is scratch paper? I would love to try this!

    Candace

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super, super cute Lisa! Love the little heart your dino is carrying! And I love the round card...adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D