Thursday, April 7, 2011

So THAT'S What's Been Weird on Facebook!

So, I've been noticing a lot lately that I haven't been seeing all of my friends' and family's status updates in facebook.  I see a few of my friends and some of the pages I "LIKE" over and over again, but other facebook friends have been MIA.  Also, the last 5 updates I've posted on my Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons facebook page have had hardly any comments or thumbs up.  You'd think, with 110 likers, that SOMEONE would have SOMETHING to say...

Then, this morning, this "event" was forwarded to me from one of my crafty friends.  Here's a big part of what it says:

"Have you noticed that you are only seeing updates in your newsfeed from the same people lately? Have you also noticed that when you post things like status messages, photos and links, the same circle of people are commenting and everyone else seems to be ignoring you?

Don't worry, everyone still loves you and nobody has intentionally blocked you. The problem is that a large chunk of your friend/fan list can't see anything you post and here's why:

The "New Facebook" has a newsfeed setting that by default is automatically set to show ONLY posts from people who you've recently interacted with or interacted the most with (which would be limited to the couple of weeks just before people started switching to the new profile). So in other words, for both business and personal pages, unless your friends/fans commented on one of your posts within those few weeks or vice versa - you are now invisible to them and they are invisible to you!!

HERE'S THE FIX: On the homepage click the "Most Recent" title on the right of the Newsfeed, then click on the drop down arrow beside it and select "Edit Options", click on "Show Posts From" and change the setting to "All Of Your Friends and Pages" (you can also access the "Edit Options" link at the very bottom of the facebook homepage on the right) Note: Business pages do not have a newsfeed however page owners should adjust the settings on their personal accounts."

So, THAT's what's been up!  I followed the instructions, and now I can see everyone...my long lost cousins, high school and college friends, and all the crafty pages I like.  If you have facebook, I hope you'll go do this, too (especially if you are a Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons facebook page LIKER.  :o)  Also, spread the word...if you have a facebook page for your blog, not all of your fans are seeing your updates.

By the way...my parents are visiting us from the States this week and next week!  YAY!  We've been having a blast, traveling all sorts of places.  Just thought I'd share...

Thanks for stopping by today.  :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D